Department: Applied Sciences & Building Technologies
Office Location: 218 Electrical Technologies Center
Office Phone: 607-746-4048
Areas of Expertise: Private Power Development, Electricity Market Development, Plant Operation, and System Engineering.
- ECMT 180 Alternative & Renewable Energy – On Line
- ESYS 210 Integrated Energy Systems
- EICR 220 Control System Design
- MECH 320 Control System Design for Mechatronics
- EICR 230 Electrical Lab III
- EICR 260 Programmable Logic Controllers
- EICR 270 Electrical Lab IV
Prof. Samudrala came to SUNY Delhi in 2013. He is Asst. Professor for Electrical and Alternative Energy at SUNY Delhi. He is also Director for Asia at the World Alliance for Decentralized Energy (WADE), a non-profit organization promoting decentralized energy.
Prior to this he worked at the U.S. Energy Association in Washington D.C. as Deputy Program Manager for over 12 years. He has experience in International Private Power Development, Electricity Market Development, Plant Operation, and System Engineering.
Professor Samudrala holds a Bachelor of Engineering degree in Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering along with a U.S. Coast Guard Third Assistant Engineering License from the New York Maritime College. Additionally he also assists in coaching the mens/womens Tennis team at SUNY Delhi.
- 2014 Renewable-Decentralized Energy Integration into the Grid
- 2013 Renewable Energy Policies for Asia
- 2013 Thailand Smart Grid Roadmap
- 2011 India Energy Book
- 2010 Thailand Decentralized Energy Roadmap 2010
- 2009 China Handbook on CHP and Decentralized Energy
- 1999 Handbook of Climate Change Mitigations Options