Department: School of Nursing
Office Location: Online/Remote
Office Phone: 781-856-2226
Areas of Expertise: Statistics, Quantitative Research Methods, Psychometrics, Educational and Psychological Measurement, Survey/Scale Construction
BSN: ALHT 202 (Statistics and Research Methods); Data analysis for course evaluations
MSN: NURS 501 Quantitative Methods and Statistics
- American Psychological Association, SIOP, 2009-present
- American Educational Research Association, 1994-present
- Psychometric Society, 2007-present
- National Council on Measurement in Education, 2007-present
- Proposal Reviewer, National Science Foundation’s SBIR grant program, 2000-2002
- Peer Reviewer, International Journal of Science Education, 2003-2005
- Peer Reviewer, Journal of Technology, Learning, and Assessment, 2003-2004
- Peer Reviewer, Journal of Applied Psychological Measurement, 2004
Urhahne, D., Schanze, S., Bell, T., Mansfield, A., Holmes, J. (2010). The Role of the teacher in computer-supported collaborative inquiry learning. International Journal of Science Education.
Zucker, A.A., Tinker, R., Staudt, C., Mansfield, A., & Metcalf, S. (2008). Learning science in grades 3-8 using probeware and computers: findings from the TEEMSS II project, Journal of Science Education and Technology, 17(1), pp. 1059-0145.
Goldberg (Mansfield), A.L., Russell, M.K. & O’Connor, K. (2004). Teachers’ beliefs by school level about access, use, support, and obstacles of using technology in the classroom. Chestnut Hill, MA: Technology and Assessment Study Collaborative.
Russell, M.K., Goldberg (Mansfield), A.L. & O’Connor, K. (2003). Computer-based testing and validity: A Look back into the future. Assessment in Education: Principles, Policy, and Practice, 10(3), pp. 279-93.
Available online: http://www.bc.edu/research/intasc/PDF/ComputerBasedValidity.pdf
Goldberg (Mansfield), A.L., Russell, M. K., & Cook, A. (2003). The Effect of computers on student writing: A Meta-analysis of studies from 1992-2002. Journal of Technology, Learning, and Assessment, 2(2). Available online: http://ejournals.bc.edu/ojs/index.php/jtla/article/view/1661/1503
Goldberg (Mansfield), A.L. & Pedulla, J.J. (2002). Performance differences according to test mode and computer familiarity on a practice GRE Test. Educational and Psychological Measurement, 62(6), pp. 1053-67.